]Chocolate Pudding– serves 6
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 15 minutes
2 large egg whites
10 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
2 &1/4 cups low fat milk
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In an electric mixer lightly beat the egg whites. In a medium bowl combine the cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in 1 cup of milk and make smooth.
- Heat the remaining milk and the sugar and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cocoa mixture, return to the heat, and boil again, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat
- Add one cup of the cocoa mixture to the egg whites, whisk and return to the pan. Cook on low, do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and allow to cool. Place in the fridge when it has cooled to room temperature.
- Serve topped with 3 raspberries each portion.
*Special night dessert- Turn each pudding into an elegant parfait. Layer the pudding and sliced strawberries and top with a honey yogurt sauce.
Total Fat- 2 g
Saturated Fat- 1 g
Trans Fat- 0
Cholesterol- 4 mg
Sodium- 60 mg
Total carbs- 31 g
Dietary Fiber- 3 g
Protein- 6 g