1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 ounces wild mushrooms, any type, sliced
¼ cup dry white wine
2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
1 teaspoon thyme
1 lb. pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add the shallot and garlic, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté, until they lose their moisture. Add the white wine and stir. Add the vegetable stock, the thyme and some black pepper and salt and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Carefully blend about one cup of the hot mushroom mixture, keeping the lid off slightly to keep heat from collecting and the top from flying off.
- Return the pureed mushrooms to the sauce, and cook over low heat.
- Cook the pasta until done, according to the directions on the box. Drain and mix with the sauce. Taste for salt and pepper and serve.